I don’t know about you, but nothing screams summer to me like bright, sunny lemon-themed decor! I love creating garlands to hang on my fireplace mantle. They give the room a nice seasonal focus and helps to draw my eye away from the television mounted above (ugh!).
This lemon-themed garland was simple to create and all the supplies I needed came from Chalk Couture’s ChalkMade Lemon Garland Kit. This project can be completed in under an hour and the transfers can be used over and over again to make more fun lemon-y decor.
The supplies in the kit:
- 7 whitewashed lemon-shaped surfaces
- 6 whitewashed circle surfaces
- Lemon patterns transfer
- Chalkology® Paste Singles in Bumblebee (2) and Meadow (1)
- 2 Color Trays
- 1 Mini Squeegee
- 9’ twine
- 10 coordinating ribbons
- printed instruction sheet
Watch how easy it is to create:
Follow these steps to make the lemon garland from the ChalkMade kit:
- Remove transfer sheet from package and cut along provided lines to separate elements.
- Select the surface that coordinates with the element you’re using and center the transfer on it. Smooth out any air bubbles.
- Squeeze a small amount of paste into color tray, and use mini squeegee to smooth a small amount of chalkpaste color over the transfer. Clear as much excess paste off and scrape back into color tray.
- Lift transfer off surface BEFORE the paste dries. Repeat with remaining elements.
- String the twine through all the chalked surfaces
- Center the cutouts on the twine and tie ribbons to each end of the garland.
I really loved the lemon pattern transfers that came with this kit, and decided to make another cute little project on this mini chalkboard surface before I packed the supplies away.
What do you think of this little beauty? I think it coordinates nicely with the garland, don’t you?
If you love all this lemon-goodness, then I’ll bet you’re going to love this month’s Club Couture design! To see the many ways that this month’s design can be used, view the Albums in my DIY Community on Facebook.
If you’re not a member of my exclusive craft club, yet check it out and find out how you can get new DIY project kits delivered to your door every month!
Pin this project: